On every street corner fried fish permeates the air. Can you guess what time of the year it is?! LENT! Every church on the block is cooking up some not so healthy fried fish. Don’t succumb to the temptation! Here is a healthy and just as easy meal option. You’re gonna spend time driving to the church, standing in line, and fighting traffic so why not make this healthy meal that will take LESS time than fried pick-up. Yes, LESS time! It’s as easy as 1-2-3
What you need:
- zucchini (I do one whole medium zucchini per person)
- Veggie noodler (ha! yes noodler:) I bought mine at Walmart for under $10!)
- Shrimp (6-10 per person)
- Fresh lemon (1 large lemon needed per serving of 3)
- Mrs. Dash Lemon pepper
- Coconut oil
- One tablespoon of parsley (fresh or dried)
- Make your zucchini noodles and zest the outside of your lemon (s)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium frying pan on medium heat. Add in shrimp and lightly cook. Keep them tender! Remove from heat
- In same pan with coconut oil add in the zucchini noddles and toss lightly. Squeeze in the juice of about 1 lemon for a serving size of 3 people. Add in Mrs. Dash lemon pepper to taste and 1 tbsp of parsley. I like a lot of flavor so I put a lot in and LOVE it! Cook until noodles cooked but still a bit crispy- ya know al dente! If you cook too much they will be gross and soggy.
- Toss back in the shrimp! Plate and add lemon dest on top!
ENJOY and let me know know what you thought!