Did you know turmeric has all kinds of benefits?! It is a natural anti-inflammatory herb that can help will all of the following:
- Reduce joint pain
- Prevent next day muscle soreness following a workout
- Increases the antioxidant power of the body
- Increases brain function
- Could lower your chances of heart disease
- Helps combat chronic illnesses
I suffer from a connective tissue disorder so I experience a lot of joint and muscles pain. I have found taking turmeric every day helps with those symptoms. It is a safer option to anti-inflammatories.
Now that you know about the benefits lets get down to how you make it!
- Coconut oil (aids in the digestion of the turmeric) 1 tbsp
- Unflavored Gelatin 4 packets (4 tbsp)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of tumeric
- Honey (as needed)
- Bring the water to a boil and in the turmeric, coconut, and honey. I personally don’t use any honey but I also enjoy the taste of turmeric. If you need to sweeten it, start with a tablespoon at a time. The turmeric can be adjusted, as well. I like mine stronger so I use a whole tablespoon but you can use as little as 1/2 tablespoon.
- Whisk in the gelatin. Make sure you continue to do this until the gelatin is dissolved otherwise it will get clumpy.
- Remove from stove and pour into a mold. I used a petite cupcake pan and have also used a square foil pan and just cut them into squares. The foil pan is definitely the easiest!
- Let the cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
- Pop out or cut and store in a air tight container.
**FYI- turmeric stains everything it touches so be careful and don’t touch it will your hands. Additional gelatin can be added if you like a hard chewier gummy. Enjoy!!