Guys, are you ready for the most delicious dessert ever?!! I combined two of my favorite recipes for one KILLER dessert! Did I mention my greatest weakness is sweets?! I love messing around in the kitchen. I find it so interesting you can put together a few ingredients together and viola! Something magical. If chemistry was cooking I would have gotten higher than a C haha.This dessert is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and vegan! I guarantee no one will be able to tell the difference. Pair it with some Halo Vanilla ice cream and OH.MY.GOSH. You will love me and hate me because you’ll want to eat the whole thing…you’ve been warned. Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! They can also be made individually.
Step One: Blondie Bars
Ingredients for Layer One:
- 1/3 cup of GF Oat flour
- 1 can of drained chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup almond butter or favorite nut butter
- 3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ounces of rooibos tea
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup regular or vegan chocolate chips (I double bc I LOVE chocolate and I use semisweet)
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Process until dough consistency. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. If batter is too dry add a splash of almond milk to make smooth dough like consistency.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Leave out until done with second layer.
Step Two: Caramel Oat Bars
Ingredients for salted caramel filling:
- 20 soft medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Almond as needed to make sauce consistency
Ingredients for Oat layer:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour (I ground up oatmeal for a cheaper option!)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter (or favorite nut butter)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 10 soft medjool dates
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor blend all ingredients for the salted caramel filling and add a splash of almond milk so the combo is saucy.
4. Divide the mixture in half. Place first half on top of the blondie batter. Spread it evenly and pushdown with a spoon. Then take your salted caramel filling and spread it on top of this first layer. Spread it out to cover completely. Save a little bit to drizzle on top of finished bar and ice cream. Take the remaining batch of dough and put on top of salted caramel. Try to cover completely.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool until warm.
Pair it with some vanilla ice cream, drizzle with caramel sauce and ENJOY!
If you loved this recipe then definitely check out my other gluten and dairy free dessert- https://modestlymessy.com/healthy-twix-bar/.