With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, there’s no better time to whip a delicious healthy protein cheesecake for all you health and fitness buffs! You should have your cake and eat it to. You can indulge in your cravings and still make healthy choices! This recipe is super easy and can be made gluten and dairy free. As usual no added sugar!
This cream cheese recipe is full of protein and so creamy. You would never know there’s is no added sugar, a great serving of protein, and very few carbs so if you are macro conscious, this is for you! I make mine dairy free and gluten free but everything can be subbed out for regular ingredients.
Ingredients for Protein Cheesecake
- Pretzels (I use Snyder’s gluten free pretzels.)
- 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- Start by putting the pretzels in the food processor. Blend until a crumb like.
- Heat up the coconut oil. Combine with the pretzels and then place in the bottom of a sprayed 9×9 pan. Press the mixture on the bottom until firm and even across the bottom layer.
- Follow the cream cheese filling steps next!
Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese softened (I use Green Valley Creamery available at Whole Foods and love it!)
- 10 ounces of vanilla greek yogurt (For a dairy free option, I use Yoplait’s YQ)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I use coconut milk)
- 3 scoops of your favorite vanilla protein (Can also be made without the protein. Here is a link to the AboutTime Protein I use. Use code MMESSY for 15% off.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, vanilla yogurt, and 1/2 cup milk blending until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extra.
- Slowly add the protein powder one scoop at a time. Blend until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese filling over top your pretzel crust.
- Next go to the chocolate topping steps!
- Chocolate Chips (I use Chatfield’s Semi-sweet chips)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Combine the chips and coconut oil together in a microwavable bowl.
- Slowly heat in the microwave in 15 second increments while stirring in between. Be sure NOT to overheat. The chips can easily burn.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops of chocolate on top.
- Use a toothpick or back of the spoon to swirl cheesecake and chocolate together. (I put 9 tablespoons on top. 3 tablespoons across and 3 down the side as if you were making 9 serving squares with one chocolate drop in each.)
- Sprinkle sea salt across the top.
- Place in the oven and bake at 300 for 25 minutes.
- Turn temperature down to 180 and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and slice into 9 squares. ENJOY!!