Now that the weather is finally warming up it is officially grilling season! Summer is meant to be spent outside enjoying the weather not pent up in the kitchen. In PA we only get 3 months of nice weather so I definitely try to take advantage of it. I love a meal that can be prepared and cooked in less than 20 minutes. but that is still healthy. This meal meets all of those requirements! It is super easy too!
- Cooked large frozen shrimp or fresh deveined shrimp
- Coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh limes
- Quinoa (I buy Giant Eagle’s steam fresh bags)
- Fresh Mango Salsa (I cheat and buy the fresh mango salsa at Aldis. I love it! You can also use jarred mango salsa. I recommend Newman’s Own salsa)
- Jarred roasted red pepper
- Wood Skewers
- Preheat your grill so it is medium low temperature.
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil and squeeze in one fresh lime. Toss the shrimp in the coconut oil so they are lightly coated.
- Finally chop the fresh cilantro and zest the lime and sprinkle each side of the shrimp with fresh sea salt, cilantro, and lime zest.
- Put the shrimp on the skewers. Place on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until lightly grilled.
- This is the part where I like to take a short cut. I buy the quinoa in the steam fresh bags in the frozen section. Pop that in the microwave for 6 minutes and when it is done, I mix in mango salsa, and the roasted red peppers chopped. It adds great flavor!
- Dish a serving of the quinoa, top with shrimp, and squeeze with fresh lime.
What’s your favorite way to grill in the summer?