The smell of sweet sage and fresh lemon permeates the kitchen. Perfectly roasted chicken sizzles in the oven. There is only one dish in the sink. Have I hooked you yet?! There’s nothing better than a quick delicious meal that has little clean-up. When I created this meal, I had exactly that in mind!
This recipe packs a lot of flavor, protein, and nutrients which is a key component in most of the meals I create. Chicken is usually the protein of choice but eating the same bland food can get old right?! Enter this recipe. I have a sweet spot of lemon chicken and seasoned with sage adds a new flavor I haven’t tried before. I must say, I love the combination! The roasted Brussels sprouts tie everything together. The only thing I enjoy more than roasted Brussels sprouts is roasted lemon Brussels sprouts!
This recipe makes two servings.
- 2 fresh chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (or vegan option)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 cups of fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
- 2 cups brown rice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter over medium low heat and add 2 sprigs of sage and the lemon sliced. Let simmer.
- Next add in your two tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of white wine. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, lightly toss your chicken and Brussels sprouts with olive oil and place them in a baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon pepper for a little extra flavor! (If you prefer a more mild lemon flavor, omit the lemon pepper.)
- Pull the leaves off of 1-2 sprigs of sage and sprinkle on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour the lemon sage sauce over top the chicken into the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and cook 20-25 minutes. Every ten minutes, baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with lemon zest.
Enjoy! Leftover Brussels sprouts and chicken are delicious served the next over top a salad and topped with a vinaigrette.