These pancakes are full of flavor and protein! They are also dairy free, gluten free, and low carb….win win win!!! So lets cut to the chase and give you the recipe!
- 1 Ripe banana (SO important its very ripe!)
- 3 Scoops of protein
- 1/4 cup Almond breeze coconut almond milk (Highly recommend this brand)
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Silk Almond Milk yogurt (Greek yogurt can be used if you don’t care about being dairy free)
- Mash up your banana. Make sure to get out the chunks as best as possible and be sure its a very ripe banana. If it isn’t ripe it will make the pancakes taste bitter and it won’t be the right consistency. Same as banana bread, right?!
- Add in 2 scoops of your favorite protein. I used one scoop of Ideal lean multipurpose protein and one scoop of Ideal lean vanilla protein. This brand of protein bakes really well! It doesn’t give your pancakes that dry spongy texture that some proteins do when cooked.
- Mix in 1 tsp of lemon extract
- Add in 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Measure in 1/4 of almond milk. Gradually at this. Your batter might need more or less. If it looks too think add more milk and vice versa. Should be like normal pancake batter consistency.
- Zest lemon into the batter. Use as much or little as you would like based on the amount of zesty flavor you prefer.
- Add in your blueberries! I like to add mine in after I put the pancake on the pan because I like to have my blueberries spread out for the perfect bite every time but hey that’s just me:)
- Put the batter on the skillet and cook each side until lightly browned.
- Put 1/2 cup of Almond Breeze coconut almond milk into a bowl.
- Squeeze half the juice of a lemon
- Add 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein
- Pour over top of pancakes when all finished cooking!
How easy was that?! Gourmet flavored pancakes that you made from scratch! This recipe makes two servings or one for those of us that devour pancakes 🙂 For more of my recipes, visit here!