When people hear the word cottage cheese, they immediately have a thought in their head. They either love it or they hate but most people think of cottage in the traditional way of eating it in a bowl by itself or with a few toppings. There are SO many other ways to eat cottage cheese! Below are a few of my favorite recipes including both savory and sweet ways to enjoy cottage cheese all throughout the day! All of the recipes are super easy and have minimal steps because who has time to spend hours on cooking any more?! Feel free to substitute any cottage cheese flavor below with your own favorite! For a full list of flavors click here.
Chive Sausage Egg Scramble
- ½ cup Hood Chive Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup of Egg whites (or whole eggs)
- Chicken Sausage
- Pour 1 cup of egg whites into a sprayed frying pan and add 1 link of chicken sausage diced. Cook until eggs are almost done (2 minutes).
- Add ½ cup of chive cottage cheese. Mix in pan until cottage cheese is incorporated and warm.
- Eat em up!
Protein Cottage Cheese
- ½ cup of Hood Maple & Vanilla Cottage cheese
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- ¼ cup of blueberries (or other favorite fruit)
- Drizzle of honey
- Dash of sea salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add cottage cheese in your bowl and stir in 1 scoop of your favorite protein.
- Top with your blueberries, honey, sea salt, and cinnamon. For an extra crunch add some granola! It’s the perfect mix of sweet and salty that leaves you satisfied.
Avocado Tomato Basil Chicken Salad
- 1 tbsp Tomato basil seasoning
- ½ cup of Hood Country Style Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup of Roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup Diced avocado
- Fresh cut basil
- 8 ounces of chicken
- Mix together the tomato basil seasoning, diced tomatoes, avocado, chicken, and cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Add bread to make a sandwich or top fresh greens for a great salad!
Lemon Dill Chicken with Zoodles (serves two increase for more servings!)
- 8 ounces thawed Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 cup Hood Dill Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Season chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and cook on stove top over medium heat. If you prefer baked chicken, cook in a pan at 375 for 15-18 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add 1 cup of cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a ¼ tsp of black pepper (more or less depending on if you like black pepper!). Heat over medium heat.
- Once sauce is warm, add in spiralized zucchini. Toss to cover the zoodles and cook until they are tender (5 minutes).
- While the zucchini is cooking, heat up your peas and then add then into the sauce with the zucchini.
- Plate your zoodles, top with the chicken, and finish with lemon zest. Enjoy!