The Perfect Cornbread to Heat Up Your Chili Days!
- 1 box of Krusteaz honey cornbread
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (Regular is fine too)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup of jarred jalapenos (can reduce to 1/4 if you don’t like a lot of spice)
- Melt the butter.
- Dice up the jalpenos.
- Put everything in a mixing bowl and blend together.
- Put the mix in a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake in the oven at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
Yes, it’s as simple as that! Recipes don’t need to be made from scratch and take hours to make to be delicious!
My favorite pairing for this cornbread is my white chicken chili which can be found here!