These carrot cake protein balls are going to be your favorite on the go treat! They’re a great way to refuel after a morning workout, mid morning snack, or sweet treat when you have a craving! Made completely with wholesome ingredients makes them the perfect snack for the entire family! Did I mention they are full of energy and protein!? As with my other recipes, I am always trying to sneak in a sweet snack and when I can add protein I do! These are gluten free and dairy free.
Loaded with real carrots, these carrot cake protein balls are a great way to get in your veggies without even realizing it! They have ingredients like nuts, oats, and natural sources of sweetener making them a much healthier choice the carrot cake! In fact, you can eat these every day and not feel guilty! I love a good slice of moist carrot and this as good as it gets. You will find that the balls are really moist and flavorful. So now on to protein.
I put protein in my carrot cake protein balls (hence protein) but you can definitely make them without the added protein, if you wish. The protein I use is from ABOUTTIME in vanilla but any protein will do. I recommend vanilla or unflavored as other flavors might overpower the ingredients. If you want to try ABOUTTIME Protein use MMESSY at checkout for 15% off your order!
nut free options
You can choose any type of nut you like for the nut butters and added nuts. If you have a nut allergy try sunflower butter and substitute the 1/2 cup of nuts with 1/2 cup of oats! This recipe would also be great with raisons in it. And if you really like coconut you could add some into the mixed dough. I chose to only coat half of the carrot cake balls since coconut is not a fan of everyone. They are great made either way!
Carrot Cake Protein Balls
- Food Processor
- 1 cup sliced carrots (I buy the pre-cut matchsticks!)
- 5 Medjool dates (Don't forget to remove the seed)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops favorite protein (Vanilla or unflavored works best)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (Optional)
- Start by putting your carrots into the food processor and pulsing until finely chopped. Remove the carrots and put them in a medium bowl.
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, pecans, and protein powder in the processor until it is flour like.
- Next add your dates and nut butter. Pulse until a dough has formed.
- Place your dough into the bowl with carrots and combine.
- Roll the dough into balls. If you find the dough is too moist, add additional oat flour or protein powder.
- Dust if coconut flakes if desired.
- They can be eaten immediately or firmed up in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Store finished balls in refrigerator for up to two weeks or in freezer for 4 weeks.
Serving size: One ball 80 calories 3.5g fat .8g saturated fat 8.5f carbs 3.5g protein
If you are looking for more great and healthy recipes visit my Food page for more recipes! There is a little bit of everything but certainly many sweet treats as they are my favorite! Let me know if there are any other recipes you would like to see! Enjoy!